Idyllic, tree-lined village with history, a lovely beach and boardwalk, with new seawater pools and pavilion. A much-loved house in great location, newly renovated, with gleaming floors, central a/c, light, breezes, impeccable comfort: summer bliss. (Only 9 summer days left - the 23 August through Sept 1!)
Newly renovated classic Dutch Colonial 125-year-old home, with gracious airy living room with ample seating, and dining room, wood-burning fieldstone fireplace, chef's kitchen with marble counters, artisan maple ten-foot table (with twelve Bielecky upholstered rattan chairs), refinished hardwood floors, Stark carpets, French doors to sunporch, den with pull-out queen couch and new 40-inch plasma TV, Mac computer and Bose speakers, family room with 50-inch plasma tv, 3 full baths all newly appointed with Kohler fixtures, 4 bedrooms (3 with queen beds and 1 with twins), Flavor Paper designer wallpaper, antique furnishings, enormous double-sized yard with deck, professionally landscaped with roses, lilacs, hydrangeas, peonies, lavender, plum and apple trees, awninged side porch with sea view, outdoor shower. Comes with 5 beach badges and exclusive locker with access to the new North End pavilion and pools (with beach chairs, umbrella provided). Adorable town with gourmet market, wine shop, two candy stores, restaurants, a real 5 and 10 cent store with everything a kid could desire, a surf shop, boutiques, boardwalk for strolling, bike riding, free community tennis courts, fishing outings, boating and much more. A perfect getaway.
Venerable train station makes getting there easy even without a car. (NJ Transit from Penn Station with quick change in Long Branch or Newark.)
This is a warm, welcoming, comfortable breezy house that has been home to a big rambling family with a tradition of hospitality to many many guests. We'd like to welcome you, too!
Kindly note we only rent to adults, for full weeks in high season, and very sorry but we don't allow events.
Accès des voyageurs
We will leave a key for you on site and let you know by email where before your arrival. The ac (or heat, depending on season) will be on for you. So just come on in and be at home!
Beach gear (umbrella, chairs, toys) will already be inside the personal beach locker in summer, and the number of the locker PLUS the 5 badges that allow access to the new pools, pavilion and beaches will be in the front pocket of the black folder in the kitchen utility drawer. In the garage you will find 4 adult and 4 kids bikes, plus one red wagon for hauling small children.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We'd like to talk with you before renting, to be sure we are all comfortable with expectations. While we won't be available on site, we are available by phone or email always, and our housekeeper and handyman (or assorted cousins who live nearby) can deal with any issues that arise.
Please note (as someone last summer wondered by we don't have more reviews on this site) that we don't generally use websites—we rent the old-fashioned way, with return guests, recommendations from satisfied customers, and our childhood friend's local brokerage. People to people, which has been a great experience for decades. We have customers who come back year after year and it's always a pleasure to welcome them!
But hopefully we will be introduced to new and lovely people through this as well!
We are close to Allaire Historic Village, to Monmouth Race Track, to Sandy Hook and Long Beach Island State Parks, to Great Flags Adventure Park, The Stone Pony bar (of Springsteen fame, for you classic rock fans) among other outings...
Welcome! We hope that you will take care of the house as if it were your own. We love it, and the town of Spring Lake, and hope you do too.
Please have ALL guests read this important information. (A copy is in the black binder in the kitchen utility drawer above garbage area.) The rules will be emailed to you in advance as well.
LET'S NOT CALL THEM RULES, BUT….
1. Internet WIFI network password is FIREFLY1
2. No smoking and no pets in the house has already been indicated on the booking site but do remember cars must not be on the street between 3-6 am (or they will be fined or towed by the village).
3. No loud noises, please, especially at night - the police do enforce this. Spring Lake tries to be quiet, relaxing.
4. Do not light a fire before first checking the FLUE is OPEN- and secured.
Make sure laid wood is pushed back- logs placed too close to opening smoke up the house. Do not close flue when leaving unless 100% certain of no live embers…
5. Caring for KITCHEN marble counters. Avoid leaving any spills (especially bad are acids including lemon/ orange juice, wine, tomatoes, vinegar–they stain).Please do not cut on counters. You will find wood and plastic cutting boards for food prep in cabinet just to left of stove. Also do not place hot dishes or pots on marble. To clean, use a damp cloth and a PH-neutral cleaner like Meyers. Do not use products that etch the stone surface: abrasive cleaners or anything with citrus)
6. Please don't move the furniture- it scratches the hardwood floors badly.
7. Turn off lights when exiting rooms- y'know, environmental! BUT do leave ON DEHUMIDIFIER in laundry room-important for a dry basement.
8. Emergencies. There is a fire extinguisher in the kitchen broom closet, on shelf, as well as a first aid kit. Flashlights are in that closet as well .
9. AC we keep it at 81, upstairs at 80. There are NEST smart thermostats in the dining room on first floor, on wall outside the upstairs right bedroom, second floor. Fans in each bedroom.
10. Garbage and recycling. Recyclables are divided into comingled bottles, cans, plastic/ paper/clean cardboard/ and household goods. These first you MUST RINSE well. Put all in TWO BLUE BINs marked RECYCLE near driveway. (Wet trash (anything you cannot recycle) goes in the 2
GREY bins). Remember to close lids well to keep out wildlife! IF YOU DON'T CLEAN AND SEPARATE YOUR RECYCLING YOU WILL BE FINED $100 (by the town). Take all recycling to the dump and the end of your stay (or pay Kelly the cleaner $35 to do it for you). Dump sticker
is on laminated board in black book- PLEASE DO NOT LOSE or you will be fined $100. Worse--we only get one replacement every 2 years!
11. Beach badges are in front pocket of black book- please return all 5 (or pay $75 each to replace).Ditto locker number and combination can be found there. Beach chairs are in garage at beginning of summer. Badges are required 8-5 daily on all beaches. No food or coolers are permitted (but you can leave them on the boardwalk and eat there). No bikes after 8 am on boardwalk.
12. There are 16 white bath towels provided. PLEASE do not take these white towels to the beach! Additionally, 12 striped beach towels are provided for you in laundry room (in basket). Washcloths are provided (8 of them) and we ask you to please not use them to remove makeup (impossible to get out). Use tissues instead. (Note that towels missing after
your checkout will be charged back at $40 per towel, washcloths and hand towels (there are 2 in each bathroom) at $15 per. )
13. A telephone book, list, and local info can be found in the black spiral notebook in utility drawer in kitchen. (Home Away app offers you more up-to-date info.)
14. When leaving, please leave sheets in a pillowcase and put towels spread out in the TUB for the housekeeper (do NOT bring downstairs unless you are willing to wash them yourself and put back on; with 5 beds it's confusing otherwise.)
15. KINDLY CLEAN the grill after use, as you would dishes, or leave $25 extra for the housekeeper to clean it (not part of her usual services).
16. We would be very grateful if you would call any needed repairs to our attention, as we do our best to notice and improve things from year to year but little details make big differences and can be missed. Plus we value our guests' input!
Thank you so much for staying with us, and please know that the above rules were made for our large family, so we know they work well to keep things in good order. Do call me if you need anything at all. (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN).
Enjoy your stay!
Cet hôte a 18 commentaires pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
A big family of tight-knit siblings and their spouses, significant others, children, friends and pets who grew up in Vermont and keep our childhood summer home by the sea in Jersey, and return to both many times a year for wonderful, joyous, noisy, fun-filled family reunions in snowy and sunny days. We have so many wonderful memories of childhood here and to see our children loving it just as much as we do is a deep and abiding pleasure. We have traveled the world over, but Vermont and Spring Lake are still Home, Spring Lake frozen in charming time, and Vermont truly a little corner of Paradise on earth.