Retreat Sanctuary on lush mature landscapes, surrounded by small fountains & waterfalls, adjacent to over 40 acres of Mountain Conservation Land. Bright & spacious interior ideal for Yoga Dance movement workshops or other events.
Gorgeous 1200 Sq Ft free-standing detached Yoga/Dance studio. At the heart of a pristine private estate. Surrounded by beautiful garden with fountains, waterfalls, adjacent to 40 acres of land owned by nature conservancy. This space is created for the purpose of healing and spiritual retreat, where those who need refuge from a sense of too much worldliness can seek a quieter, purer, more exalted state of being. What you notice first is the stillness, the external world seems to drop away.
An ideal location for healers, teachers, groups, organizations and companies seeking retreat and training.
- Equipped with bamboo sprung floors (supports any work done with dance or movement)
- Ceiling to floor mirror that spans the length of the west side of the studio, there are now silk linen drapes installed to cover the mirrors if needed.
- AC/ Heater
- 2 Ceiling Fans
- Stereo sound system
- 4 Built in Ceiling Speakers
- Projector for film upon request (Can use the wall as screen, may be hooked up to your computer or a T. V. screen)
- Yoga Props (very limited): Some yoga mats, blocks, belts, blankets, pillows.
(If you are having a yoga retreat, please have all your attendees bring their own yoga mats)
- 1 foldable Massage table
- 30 wooden folding event chairs & 4 folding event tables (6' long each) (for an additional rental fee)
- Indoor full bathroom (hot water indoor shower, toilet and 2 sinks)
- Small pool (not heated)
- 2 mini fridges (outside)
- Stove oven
- Patio seating, (different size tables and chairs)
- indoor full bathroom with hot shower, toilet and sink.
- The studio is no longer "completely" empty of furnitures as probably perceived in the main cover picture. There are now some gorgeous wooden pieces at the periphery of the studio, against the walls. This arrangements of these minimal furnishings was developed over time, out of sheer necessity to accommodate our guests needs.
North wall: A handmade New Mexico tall wooden cabinet holds all the beddings, linens, towels to accommodate guests sleeping arrangements.
South wall: A magnificent chinese wardrobe to hang guests' clothing. Along the same wall, Kitchen sink and stove oven.
East wall: Wooden indian cabinet with sliding glass door for yoga props and small cabinet for dishes.
The futon and table and chairs in the other listing of the same space are moved outside for event use.
Accès des voyageurs
This is an event listing of the space. Hours for any event needs to be between 8am to 10 pm. Check-in and check-out are on the same day and are flexible depending on your event start time and closing time. For filming the cost is different (depending on the number of crew, cars etc)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are close by and will be available to offer help throughout your event if necessary.
While here you may like to integrate some healing treatments to your stay and benefit from the following offerings at Tara Sanctuary:
- Ayurvedic Lifestyle and Nutritional Consultations
- Kundalini Yoga Mondays 6:30-7:45 pm, Wednesdays 9:30-11am
If interested, feel free to message me for details.
- The pricing will vary depending on the event type, length of time, number of people and number of cars.
- For movies or photoshoots it can not be more than 10 hours/day (includes setup and clean up, if you need more time, anything more than 10 hours will be charged hourly and deducted from your deposit)
- All events (no matter what kind) need to be between the hours of 8am to 9:30pm-10pm the latest).
- Check-in and check-out for events are on the same day (unless previously arranged for sleepover) and check-in & check-out times are flexible (depending on your event start time and closing time)
- It is highly recommended that comfortable shoes be worn around the property due to the cobblestone steps, driveway and natural terrains (no high heels please)
- This space is a yoga & dance studio as well. The floors are new, really nice wood and we want them to stay clean. We don't allow shoes inside the studio.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their indoor slippers if they are used to wearing shoes inside & their flip flops/sandals if they can't easily take their shoes off and on when getting in and out of the studio. ABSOLUTELY NO SHOES INSIDE! Thank you!
- We require an event insurance to have any events of more than 16 people at this space.
If needed, you may sleep in the studio (up to 4 people) or rent one of our other structures to sleep in.
The following are the links to our other structures next to the studio (depending on what is available at the time of your event, and your budget)
- The main 4 bdrm Villa:
- The main villa's 1 bdrm lower wing
- The 2 bdrm adjacent guest cottage:
- The 3 bdrm house w/pool behind the studio: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10020844
We know our place is visually stunning and extremely photogenic :) and the breathtaking views of wilderness and mountains inspire our guests to find it ideal for all kinds of gatherings, dinner parties, weddings, events, commercial photography and filming, these purposes are only allowed with our prior written consent, an event insurance and there is a custom rate for each purpose (it covers pumping the septic tank after the reservation, extra parking, extra wear and tear, extra utilities extra cleaning, extra trash and recycling fee)
You may send us a message with your intention of renting our place with the number of people sleeping over and the number of people visiting you (pls include the number of cars driving in and parking) we will be happy to give you a quote to share our piece of paradise with you:)
Limiting car traffic and overall footprint is of importance to us. Specifically, we have strict guidelines of how many cars are allowed on the premises. if the numbers go above the agreed number of cars allowed, we charge $25 for any extra cars parked on the premises and deduct from your deposit. So it is your responsibility to ask your guests to park nearby and Uber in (or carpool/shuttle in). Please ask us for satellite parking. Thank you in advance.
- No shoes inside the studio (please bring your slippers & flipflops)
- No outdoor fires
- No filming or photography without prior permission. (Photo and Film Shoots are priced differently)
Tara Sanctuary has strict noise level policy and therefore:
- Noise levels should be respectful anywhere on the property at all times.
- Noble silence is 10pm-8am. Quiet hours are 9pm-8am, after 9pm all ACTIVITIES SHOULD BE TAKEN INDOORS, all doors and windows must be shut closed and sound volume lowered. No Music is to be played in the studio (or any other areas) after the 11 pm curfew time.
There is no sound buffer, city noise ordinances require that there be no loud noise on the property, public street or other public place in such a manner as to interfere with the peace and quiet of any person within or upon any such places.
- Visitors are your responsibility and they must abide by the same house rules. Any non-registered sleep-over will be charged double the rate of an extra person and will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Additional non-registered cars will be charged $25/vehicle and deducted from your deposit.
- Late check-out is only acceptable with prior written consent. Otherwise, each additional hour after check out time will be charged $100/hour.
IMPROPER USE OF PREMISES:
Guest will NOT
- Allow overnight occupancy of the unit exceeding the number of guests stated on the reservation confirmation,
- Cause damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties,
- Use the premises in any manner that interferes with the neighbors' rights to quiet and enjoyment of their property.
- In any case of improper use of the premises, the Tenant and any other occupants may be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee.
- Guest agrees to leave the property in the same general condition it was received.
- The deposit should cover any damages to the rental property and its furnishings beyond normal wear and tear caused by the Tenants and their Guests. Should the damage not be covered by the given amount, the guest remains liable for the balance. The homeowner shall provide the Tenant with an itemized statement of any charges.
By accepting this reservation, you abide to all of the above house rules and agree to the liability contract below:
By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise. The owners of this property are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss or damage to any personal belongings or valuables of the guests.
Please be respectful of this pristine natural environment and our beloved house.
Let's have a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone!
I am a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist, practicing Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic lifestyle, nutritional healing and yoga. After finishing graduate school, I traveled to Hawaii, where I lived for a few months experiencing a sustainable lifestyle in harmony with nature—a departure from the academic life I had been living. From my experiences, I came to the realization that regeneration and renewal of the human psyche and nature go hand in hand. This contributed to a turning point in my path. On my return to Los Angeles, I decided to live in Topanga Canyon where I can establish a healing retreat sanctuary..
Several years ago, my husband and I were in the market for a new home and the wilderness of the terrain was what first attracted us to this part of the canyon, we fell hard as we saw this architectural treasure we now call home (Tuscan Estate Retreat Sanctuary). We did not even discuss whether we should buy 'this' house - it was so obvious. We just knew as soon as we walked in. The place spoke to us so much. The main villa (Tuscan Estate Retreat Sanctuary) was custom built by an upscale Topanga builder for himself and his family in 1994. He built it with so much love and reverence to detail. His aim was to create a feeling of a Tuscan villa (which he captured the spirit of it quite well:) The property is bound on three sides by over 40 acres of wilderness. Over the years, we have developed a connection to it's spirit. it has kept us grounded and is what made us stay in Los Angeles :)
Tara Sanctuary is on 2 adjacent properties about 6 acres all together. It consists of Tuscan Estate Retreat Sanctuary (The main villa, 3 story, 4 bdrm, 4300 sq ft), 2 bdrm guest house, 1200 sq ft studio and adjacent one acre property, 3 bedroom house w/pool.
We are sharing the magic and beauty of this land with other like minded souls. I have created a healing sanctuary offering healing treatments and work with different healers teaching wellness classes and workshops. Addressing body, mind and beyond, we use modalities of acupuncture, meditation, yoga, dance, and sound healing. In the hopes that it will be a place of refuge for nature lovers to restore their essence and rejuvenate in it's peaceful natural setting. If you seeking to escape the modern world and connect to yourselves by being in nature this place is for you and welcome! :)