The Sugar House is part of the only fully restored historic plantation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. The Old Fort has been recommended by numerous international publications as the one of the most spectacular properties in the Caribbean!
• "Extended Stay Special" available when staying 10 nights or more
• "Relaxed Season Specials" where rates have been discounted up to 30%
The Sugar House is a newly completed spacious two-bedroom villa located on the renowned Old Fort Estates property on Mt. Pleasant, Bequia. Built on the historic foundations of a circular sugar mill that dates back to the 18th Century, this stylish villa has a striking architecture that combines indoor with outdoor living. From here and along the many paths within the large estate grounds, you can enjoy astounding views that stretch from the eastern to the southern Grenadine Islands and the lush surrounding hillsides.
The villa consists of two extremely large and comfortable en-suite bedrooms, a custom-built kitchen that opens up to a large circular open-concept living and dining area, indoor and outdoor gardens, and a spacious patio. The bedrooms are furnished with king-sized four-poster beds and both have sitting areas and spacious bathrooms that feature custom-made showers designed out of natural pebble stones. One of the showers is open-air and large enough for two guests to enjoy the starry night skies above.
• Pickup by our private driver from the Bequia Airport or the Ferry Terminal upon arrival
• Homemade rum punches or our freshly made juices as a welcome treat
• A delicious Continental Breakfast each day, which includes homemade granola and fruit from the garden, served at the Old Fort Hotel (you will have the option of upgrading to our full breakfast)
• Wireless broadband internet in all the suites and around the entire property
• The well trained daily staff and maid service to spoil you throughout your stay
• The exclusive use of the property with outrageously beautiful scenery and views in every direction
• You will benefit from the neighbouring hotels recognised kitchen offering special one-of-a-kind menus tailored to your individual tastes and desires
• The estate's own twenty-eight-acre estate that stretches over several hillsides down to the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and glittering Caribbean Sea beneath
• The owners own centrally located bookings office, offering various services for guests such as, sailing trips, tours, diving, rentals, and lots more.
• We have an "Extended Stay Special" offering anyone staying 10 nights or more a discount of 15% between the dates of January 7th - April 30th.
• We are pleased to announce that we currently have a "Relaxed Season Special" where rates have been discounted up to 30% between the beginning of May and mid December.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have access to all areas of this grand property!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are always happy to assist guests and have a full complimentary staff to cater to your every need. We also own an office which offers a unique concierge service in order to assist visitors in a number of ways. Some of these services include assisting with rental vehicle hire, day excursions & hikes, sailing & boating tours, fishing trips, diving, wedding & honeymoon specials, and much much more.
* Rates subject to an additional 10% Government Tax and 10% Service Charge which is due upon arrival
** Additional accommodations are available if you require more guests to be accommodated
Liability - We cannot be held liable for injuries or damages to a guests’ possessions, unless damages caused are a direct result of gross negligence on our behalf. We assume that everyone using the pool can swim. Children and those who cannot swim have to be supervised at all times as there is no lifeguard on duty. Damages to The Old Fort and its contents should be reported whereas they may be asked to pay the cost of repairs.
I grew up on Bequia and have lived there for over 30 years. I did my A-levels on St. Vincent (the main island of the island chain St. Vincent and The Grenadines) where I studied Management & Economics in the Community College. After completing this, I moved to Germany where I did my apprenticeship at the Kempinski Hotel Four Seasons in Munich, which is up to this day the most famous and recognized hotel there and one of the most recognized hotels in the world. Following this I moved to Holland where I worked awaiter in the Hilton Amsterdam. Having finished I studied at the London Metropolitan University doing my degree in combined International Hospitality Management & International Marketing Management graduating with honours. After spending over 6 years in Europe I moved back to St. Vincent and The Grenadines my residence of choice. Since moving back I have been extremely busy in further promoting The Old Fort. For further details feel free to contact me anytime.