À propos de ce logement
This distinctive A-frame, built into the side of a hill, features a glass front w/ panoramic views over trees. Out back, a shady oak grove. Sit in the comfy recliner in the bay window or on one of 4 decks and watch wildlife: deer, coyotes, squirrels, bobcat and many birds. 1 bedrm w/queen bed, loft w/king, & double pullout couch in living room. Full kitchen, leather furn, hardwood floors, comfy beds, good linens, wood stove, high speed wireless, printer, dish TV. Cozy, rustic elegance.
This A-frame, located just a 5 minute drive from the village, is cozy and understated elegance. Dark wood floors and beams contrast with pine walls and ceilings. The front of the house has a wide sliding glass door and triangular window to the top of the 25ft peak. The decor features ample seating on leather furniture, oriental rugs, comfortable mattresses and luxury linens.
A new airtight wood burning stove with glass door heats the house and makes winters cozy. Electric space heaters are available as well. Fans are available for summer cooling if needed.
The kitchenette is small but with a full sized refrigerator, oven, stove and large microwave. It is fully stocked with pots pans utensils and dishes for those who like to cook. There is one full bath with a tub/shower.
There is a 42" TV with Dish satellite service. Fast wireless internet and a wireless printer.
During warm months, multiple decks give ample outdoor living space, with hammocks, swings and comfortable seating on all sides of the house. Unlike many houses in Idyllwild, you are not on top of your neighbors here. There is only one house in view, the rest is all trees!
We feel this house comfortably accommodates a maximum of 4 people, due to there only being one bathroom and two bedrooms. However, in certain circumstances we may allow up to 6 guests. Please contact us if you wish to discuss this option.
About you: please be aware that we only feel comfortable renting to people who have completed all of their Airbnb verifications and have filled out there profile telling us about themselves. If you are a first time renter without any reviews yet, we also encourage you to find some of your friends or associates on Airbnb and ask them for a reference. Thanks for your interest!
Accès des voyageurs
Those who rent the whole house will have access to everything except the owners' closets and utility room.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
If you rent Treehouse we will be available via email and cell phone if you have any questions or concerns during your stay. Please let us know immediately if there are any questions or concerns so that we will have the opportunity to address them during your stay. Your comfort is important to us!
1. Thank you so much for considering Treehouse for your stay! The first thing we ask is that if anything doesn't look right or if you have any questions, you will contact us IMMEDIATELY. We want to know while we still have the opportunity to make your stay comfortable. This is not only for your sake, but for ours, because...
2. Airbnb is based on reviews, so to be good members of the community we will take a moment to review you after your stay and hope you will do the same. And because we have committed to communication (see #1), there shouldn't be any surprises.
3. If you are traveling with children, please note the high decks in the front of the house, and the multiple levels of stairs. If you choose to bring infants or children, you must accept responsibility for their safety.
3. Please turn off outside lights when not in use.
4. Wood burning Stove: The stove and pipe get hot, so don't touch when the fire is burning. Monitor the temp with the thermometer on the stovepipe. Never go into the red.
5. Ashes: for short stays you do not need to clean the wood stove. For longer stays, if you need to clean it, please put ashes in the metal can on the back porch marked ashes. DO NOT set the can on any wood surfaces in case the ashes contain live coals. (We will send detailed instructions to building a fire in this stove via email before your stay.)
6. Snow and Ice: The steps and decks can get very slippery if it snows, so it's best and easiest to clear them while the snow is soft, before people walk on it, and it gets compacted into ice. For both your sake and ours, we don't want anyone to fall! Use the snow shovel hanging on the hook on the back porch and/or de-icer behind the woodbox outback to clear a safe path down.
7. Candles: if you want to use candles only candles enclosed in glass, no open flames, please. Always extinguish candles before leaving the house or going to sleep.
8. Fire Extinguishers: One in the loft between the cabinet and bookcase, one in the kitchen pantry. CO2 Detectors: One plugged in the living room and one plugged into the wall in the loft. Please do not remove these. Smoke Alarms: Main level bedroom, kitchen and loft.
9. This is a dog friendly rental - not recommended for those with allergies. Also be aware this is a cabin with rustic, rough pine walls and a wood burning stove, both of which can create dust particulates.
10. Lock the House if you are leaving to go out.
11. Smoking is not allowed in the house.
12. Parties (defined as more than double the number of registered guests) are not allowed except by special arrangement.
13. Non-toxic cleaning supplies are under the kitchen sink.
14. All wildlife must be respected! We have many species that pass through the yard (bobcats, coyotes, deer, etc.) or come to the deck to feed (many species of birds, including ravens, and squirrels).
15. If using hammock, always check to make sure it is secure before getting in it. Don't use when the hammock is wet, or exceed 250 lbs of weight.
-No fires are permitted outside by local law. This is a high hazard area for wildfires. Never throw cigarette butts or any other incendiary items outside.
-Check out is at 11 AM.
-If you moved any furniture or opened the drop leaf table, please return to the way it was and stow folding chairs back behind the couch.
-Make sure all windows and back door are locked. Fans in summer, electric heaters in winter should be turned off, unless the temps are below freezing. In that case please leave set on low and contact us so we know heat is on.
-In winter, please let us know if wood or deicer are running low so we can replenish for the next guest.
-Return the front door key to the lock box before leaving.
Again, we would be deeply grateful, if you have any questions or problems (or better yet, to let us know you are enjoying the place) please give us a text or call immediately. We hope you have a wonderful time!
Melanie & Jose
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 5 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement intégral. En cas d'annulation au cours des 5 jours précédant le voyage, la première nuit est non remboursable, mais vous recevrez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % du coût des nuits restantes.
Cet hôte a 1 commentaire pour d'autres propriétés.Voir d'autres commentaires
I am a writer and own an outdoor adventures company, Cedros Outdoor Adventures with my husband Jose Angel Sanchez. We have a lodge on Cedros Island off the coast of Baja California, where we take travelers for sport fishing (mostly during the summer and fall) and eco-tours. We also have a cabin in Idyllwild, CA. We travel a lot, as you can imagine, so we like to share our beautiful serene cabin and lodge with others to use when we aren't there. The Cedros Island lodge is available through air bnb in the fishing off season and the cabin is available year round. Thanks for your interest! Let us know if you have questions.