ATLANTIC SUNSET| SPRUCE POINT | OCEAN FRONT | BEACH | KAYAKING
What if I am bringing my pet(s), what is expected of me?
We want to remain a pet friendly company and that requires your help. Bringing your pet requires you and your veterinarian to complete a simple form proving that your pet is up to date on all immunizations and is currently and has been (for at least 2 months prior to your visit) on a flea control program. There is a nonrefundable Pet Fee. Our region has a leash law and so your pet must be on a leash when outside the cottage. Please do not leave your pet alone in the cottage all day. There are doggie day-care services in our area, and we are happy to help you find one if need be.
Do I need to bring linen?
All cottages will have blankets and pillows as well as quilts/bedspreads. Some cottages provide the sheets and towels, others require you to bring your own or rent them through our linen service. None of the cottages provide beach towels. You should plan to bring those. Dish cloths and dish towels are not supplied either.
Linen Service provides a set of sheets and one bath, one hand, one face cloth per person as well as a bath mat for each bathroom. Linens must be ordered 2 weeks in advance. Please be sure to check with your Reservationist about linens for your cottage.
*No Smoking, Outdoor Fires and/or Fireworks
No smoking, outdoor fires and/or fireworks are allowed inside or outside this Property. This wonderful cottage sits among the pines and fire danger is always of utmost concern. If evidence of smoking is found, it will result in a cleaning fee/penalty and possible eviction without refund. Use of Fires or Fireworks will result in termination of your Rental Agreement without refund.
Are guests responsible for bringing/filling the propane tanks on gas grills?
No, if you find your tank is empty, please call the office and we will do an exchange for you. Most owners with gas grills leave a spare tank. If you need to hook up the spare tank, let us know so we can exchange the empty one.
Are guests responsible for bringing/providing wood for the fireplace or wood stove?
Some owners provide wood at the beginning of the season and when it is gone it is gone; others supply it for the entire season; while others do not supply it all. If you have a question about this, please call the office. Wood is readily available throughout the area should you need to purchase it.
What is expected of me when I leave?
We understand you are on vacation and the last thing you will want to do is clean the bathroom before you leave. What we ask is that you take care of and respect this private family home as if it were your own and leave it the way you found it. We expect you to leave the home and yard free of clutter and trash, the dishes clean and put away and all personal belongings removed including any open food items. (It is OK to leave unopened, non-perishable pantry items.) Our cleaners will sanitize the kitchen and bathroom and mop all the floors, freshen the windows and fluff the pillows.
For an additional fee, we offer Departure (End) Cleaning, Mid-Week or Mid-Stay `fluff` as well as Chambermaid Services. Please reserve these services in advance of your arrival to help us with staffing needs. Prices vary depending on the size and complexity of the house.
All we ask for at check-out:
• Garbage bins should be out where they can be easily seen from the road. Trash should always be bagged and placed in trash containers (hopefully, raccoon proof), ready for pick up at or by 8:00 A.M.
• Wipe out and empty the refrigerator and cupboards of all items brought into the house.
• Wash and put away dishes. If you start the dishwasher and it is not finished, please leave a note so we can be sure to empty it.
• Gather all personal items. We cannot be held responsible for items lost or left behind. Items that are recovered will gladly be mailed for the cost of packing and postage. Items left by the end of September will be given to local charities.
• Leave all furniture arranged in the order it was found.
• Lock all windows and doors.
• Turn off all interior and exterior lights.
• In the summer, please water the flowers as needed during your stay
• In the cold weather months, keep the thermostats turned on and leave at 55 degrees.
• Return all keys and linens to our office and report any problems by 10:00 A.M. from cottages on the Peninsula. Cottages out of the area will have separate instructions.
Vacation Rental Company professionally managing vacation rentals in Maine since 1993. Locally owned and locally staffed - we live here and know all the best places to go and things to do. Just ask!
We have a great selection of Ocean, River, and Lake Properties available for your vacation needs. Whether you are coming for a romantic getaway, family reunion or to visit friends and family, we want to help you take the worry out of renting.
Our staff understands that your time here is precious and that you want your stay to be relaxing and hassle-free. You have our pledge to do everything possible to make that "cottage connection" to create that perfect vacation.
Our mission: We strive to provide our guests with great memories, our owners with excellence and peace of mind, our team members with camaraderie, and do it all with integrity and great fun!