À propos de ce logement
Maison accueillante confortable récemment reconstruit, ENTIÈREMENT ÉQUIPÉE AVEC TERRASSE BARBECUE INTERNET; TÉLÉVISION , système de salut-fi, lecteur DVD, home cinéma système de son surround complet, une vue imprenable, RANDONNÉES
GRANDMA´S HOUSE has:
- 1 large bedroom with 1 double bed, 1 sofa with two single beds and one private bathroom.
- On the same floor has 1 more bathroom. Large dining/sitting room with 1 double sofa bed;
- The kitchen is fully equipped with stove, oven, toaster, capsules coffee machine (delta Q capsules), oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge / freezer.
- This house has cable TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, home cinema system with full surround sound, internet.
Outside Grandma's house has a terrace with barbecue, dining area and stunning views of the river Vez, the valley and the mountains.
More information about grandma´s house and places please visit my personal website: (URL HIDDEN)
Accès des voyageurs
The house is for your exclusive use.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
Owner is always available for any question or doubt.
Sistelo is a village located in northern Portugal, on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park, inviting us to climb through the mountains of walking in the footsteps of shepherds and their animals, we lead to secular Brandas of Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain.
Sistelo is famous for its 'solcalcos', which arose from the need to increase the agricultural area and counteract the slopes. These structures allowed the development of subsistence agriculture is extremely important for the survival of rural communities. You can see the 'granaries', built in the seventeenth century, in order to dry the corn.
The Peneda Geres National Park is one of the greatest natural attractions in Portugal, due to its impressive scenic beauty, ecological value, ethnographic and variety of fauna (ponies, wolves, birds of prey) and flora (pine, chestnut, oak and various medicinal plants .) It extends from the mountains of Geres, in the south, through the mountains of Peneda to the Spanish border.
Located in the park are important centers of pilgrimage, the Shrine of Our Lady of Peneda, replica of the sanctuary of Bom Jesus de Braga, and St. Benedict's Open Door, a place of great popular devotion.
This area is characterized by its parties (traditional music, costumes, songs and dances).
There are markets in exceptional Cerveira (Saturday), Viana Do Castelo (Friday), walks (Wednesday) and many others.
Follow the wine route green along the Minho Valley, passing between rolling hills covered with vineyards that produce wine of the region.
Other places to visit:
- Arcos de Valdevez is located approximately 20 km and is characterized by restaurants, bars, supermarkets and a river beach.
- Ponte de Lima is an ancient city about 30 km and is characterized by its medieval architecture. It is surrounded by the river Lima. There is also the Golf Course Ponte de Lima (18 holes) at 25 minutes.
- Melgaco, a beautiful town located about 30 km, the river Minho
- Monsoon (Region Albariño wine), with three modern supermarkets located 22 km away, has a wonderful outdoor public pool.
- Valencia (35 km), the old city, to visit mandatory.
- Vigo (60 km) and Santiago de Compostela (150 km) are other places to visit.
Não são permitidos animais de estimação
No pets allowed
We are mother and son of a family of five.
I am a 62 years old, Portuguese Teacher. My younger son, Miguel, is 32, graduated in the Biomedical Area.
Meanwhile he is managing this business and we are happy to share the villa with our guests.
Why This Property?
1. Comfortable family cottage recently rebuilt maintaining the original architecture (6 generations)
2. We chose this location because is positioned in northern Portugal, on the left bank of the River Vez, one of the sides of the Peneda Geres National Park, inviting us to climb through the mountains of walking in the footsteps of shepherds and their animals, we lead to secular Brandas de Sistelo, ideal for lovers of the contact with nature and the mountain.
The Vez River with Roman bridges and crystal clear water, is considered one of the cleanest rivers in Europe.
3. Finally the cottage is in a rural area that is quiet and safe, where you can contact with the green nature, with the countryside / agriculture, peace / tranquility, escape from their daily routines.
- Outside Grandma's Cottage has a Terrace with Barbecue, dining area and stunning views of the river Vez, the valley and the mountains.
- The Kitchen is fully equipped with stove, toaster, coffee machine, oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge / freezer.
Both Cottages have cable TV, hi-fi system, DVD player, home cinema system with full surround sound, internet, heating, salamander