This warm, cozy & peaceful apartment is a welcoming space in a newly-renovated three-bedroom apartment in Brooklyn. Apartment receives a lot of light, and right next to Prospect Park & train station. 1 train and 7 stops away from Times Square. Excellent neighborhood: largely West Indian, friendly people, shops everywhere.
Third floor apartment in an early 20th-century art deco building, WITH ELEVATOR, so if you're physically not up to climbing stairs or have too many bags, no need to fear! New hardwood floors with warm oriental rugs. Fire escape access from apartment's office room (feel free to use). Two closet spaces for all your storage needs, along with a closet in your room. Friendly neighbors, and live-in superintendent make this building a great place to be.
You have a double bed in your room, and for the third guest there is a futon. We only recommend the third person to come if they are looking for budget places. The futon is placed in the same room as the bed. There is also an option for renting a smaller room with a higher price if the room is too small if a futon is placed.
Our modern kitchen is equipped with appliances which includes, stove, microwave, dishwasher, utensils, blender, pots and you are welcome to use!
Bathroom is new and modern, equipped with full-size tub, hot shower, sink and you are welcome to use shampoo, body wash.
Our beautiful living room has a big couch, working bar table, books and hookah.
Street parking is free! Laundry mat is a few steps away from or street.
Tons of food options, cafes and most importantly, a great escape from busy Manhattan!
We also have another lovely, and significantly larger bedroom available in the apartment. You can check it out and book here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10490073
Accès des voyageurs
We would like to make all of the apartment open and welcoming to our guests/apartment mates. That means you can go anywhere in the apartment you like, feel free to relax on the couch in the living room, use the desk/office space room, and cook in the kitchen. We are social. Let's be friends!
Échanges avec les voyageurs
I (Sam) am currently working as a freelance journalist. So about half of the week, I'm at home working in the office. My girlfriend is works in the field of development with the UN and other agencies. That said, we'll be happy to help you while at the apartment in any way possible. And if you are open to it, we'd love to cook with you too, or just hang out with a glass of wine or a cup of tea. We work 5 days a week, but look for any chance to interact with the guests when we have time.
I am American, my girlfriend is from Pakistan. Between us, we speak English, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, French, and Arabic in multiple dialects. We've traveled and worked a lot, especially in Middle East and Africa.
We hold monthly arts jam party at our place where we invite friends to share their artistic skills in a safe friendly environment.
- We like to keep the space clean as much as possible. The apartment is always pretty neat.
- NYC is a huge city and distances are long everywhere. If you are a tourist who wants to spend a lot of time in Manhattan and want to save money and don't mind the commute this is the place for you!
But.. if you are a tourist who wants to stay in Manhattan mostly and want to save money and don't like commute we would suggest you find a place in Manhattan (which is expensive to live in)
Sometimes we have received comments that Manhattan is so far (it's 30 mins from our house which is not far if you live in NYC) it's always trade offs!
But come with an open mind that wherever you are distances will be long in NYC
Most important rule: we are working professionals and go to work 7am to 6pm. Please be considerate after 10pm as we wake up very early!
1) Please keep the place clean and tidy. This is our home and we'd like the guests to keep it clean as there are other people living in the same space. If you use dishes, wash and clean them. If you take a shower, clean up hair, spills and leave it as you found it.
2) Most importantly to us, please take your shoes off at the door. Streets in NYC are very dirty and we don't want to avoid dirt inside our home.
3) No smoking in the apartment. If you go out on to the fire escape, make sure to lock the window when you come back in.
4) Inform us of any issues, or anything that has broken so we can remedy it quickly and avoid the replacement fee.
5) Please verify your ID when bookings are made!
6) You are more than welcome to use our bread, eggs and breakfast items, but please replace it when you use it. NYC is an expensive city:)
7) Since electricity is very expensive in the city we encourage guests to conserve it especially during the summers.
8) No sleeping on the couch or in the living room. We respect our guests privacy and expect the same.
9) Please be respectful of the hosts, no loud noises at late hours.
10) We are working professionals and have to leave the house at 8:15am. If you are showering in the morning pls make it a quick one as we might get late for work! After 8:30am you can take all your time to shower.
Thank you. We really appreciate your cooperation :)