À propos de ce logement
Chase Well is a delightful former miners cottage in the heart of Poldark country that sits just a short drive from Land's End and a few minutes walk from the famous 'Crown Mines' - the iconic cliff-face mine shafts that adorn many Cornish postcards.
Quaint terraced former miners cottage in a world renowned conservation and world heritage site in beautiful Cornwall. Lovely long garden, awesome setting.
Accès des voyageurs
Complete access, asides from one locked upstairs room and cupboard used by the cleaner and the garden shed :)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
No interaction. Manager available by phone.
Botallack is a beautiful former mining village that oozes heritage. More recently, it was the setting for the modern adaptation of the 'Poldark' series, with much filming taking place in and around the famous 'Crown Mines', the iconic former workings that adorn many Cornish postcards, which sit on the side of the cliffs just a few minutes walk from Chase Well. Nearby St Just has all the amenities you would need from a fully stocked Co-Op, pharmacists, bakeries with the best pasties, and a hardware store. There are plenty of places to eat in the surrounding area, with local favourites being The Queens Arms and The North Inn. Walkers will enjoy the stunning, windswept Zennor moors which are very close by.
A little further on is Land's End, perfect for families, and to the north is St Ives, the picturesque fishing town that still retains a massive amount of charm. Also nearby is Cape Cornwall, Penzance, St Michaels Mount, Porthcurno, the Minack Theatre, Sennen Cove and much much more!
There is an hourly bus service to St Just and Penzance.
There is also a community bus service, that runs between Zennor and Land's End, via St Just.
The First Western 300 bus is an open top tourist bus that runs around the whole peninsula, from approx. June to September.
Buses heading north are available from the bus stop which is too the left at the end of the front garden. Buses heading south are available from outside The Queen's Arms pub.
- We generally only take Saturday - Saturday bookings, from 1 to 3 weeks per stay, but we will consider shorter breaks during the winter months. Feel free to message and ask :)
- Two complimentary bags of logs and one bag of kindling are provided free of charge :)
- Linen & towels are provided. Cleaning and laundry fees are included in the price. Please leave all dirty linen in the laundry basket in the bathroom.
- There are two parking spaces to the rear of property, right outside the kitchen/entrance, with the possibility of further parking if arranged in advance.
- During the summer season, our gardener (Tim Yeates) may not be able to mow the garden during the short changeover period. If he can't he may knock on the door and ask if you would mind him mowing the garden. He will NOT need to enter the house, and will probably do it in the late afternoon. It should only take him about 1-2 hours. If you do not wish him to call, please message Cai, and we will ask him not to call. Thanks!
- Electricity is included in your holiday rental payment, but we do ask you to please not waste power where possible. During the winter months (November 1st - April 1st) there is a fuel surcharge included in the price of your booking.
- No smoking indoors please!
- Guests are asked to please leave the house as they find it.
- We love dogs but we do have a limit of one small dog per booking. Please pre-arrange this with us. Dogs are allowed upstairs, but we do ask that you keep them off the furniture!
- Small breakages happen, but we do ask you please let us know.
Si vous annulez jusqu'à 7 jours avant le voyage, vous recevez un remboursement à hauteur de 50 % et les frais de service vous sont remboursés intégralement.
I live in North Cornwall, and share the ownership of a lovely little cottage in Botallack called Chase Well with my father and brother. We stay there very frequently ourselves as we love the local area.