Helene Rosalie’s guidebook

Helene Rosalie
Helene Rosalie
Helene Rosalie’s guidebook

Where To Eat in Roccaspinalveti

Local typical food as well as bars
located on the edge of town (about a 5-minute drive), this large multi-cuisine restaurant specializes in pizzas, but has a full menu as well. Specialties of local cuisine. Breakfast, brunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended for the weekend and they have a full bar. Credit cards accepted, cash. (Directions: exit left out of apartment, driving up to town. Stay on the main road to town, after you pass the Mercantile on the right and Il Barone bar/gas station on your left, you will make the next left-hand turn onto Via del Sole. The restaurant will be on your left. There is a side parking lot just past the restaurant or you can park on the street.) tel:0873/959446 closed Tuesdays
Ristorante le Due Querce
33 Via del Sole
located on the edge of town (about a 5-minute drive), this large multi-cuisine restaurant specializes in pizzas, but has a full menu as well. Specialties of local cuisine. Breakfast, brunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended for the weekend and they have a full bar. Credit cards accepted, cash. (Directions: exit left out of apartment, driving up to town. Stay on the main road to town, after you pass the Mercantile on the right and Il Barone bar/gas station on your left, you will make the next left-hand turn onto Via del Sole. The restaurant will be on your left. There is a side parking lot just past the restaurant or you can park on the street.) tel:0873/959446 closed Tuesdays
this fun restaurant, and our favorite, is only a 5-minute walk down the road from your apartment here in Serre. They offer the best pizza around on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Wednesday – Sunday they have a full menu of local cuisine, delicious antipasti, pastas, meats and desserts. Open for lunch and dinner, with a full bar. Reservations not normally needed during the week but would recommend for weekend nights. Cash only (Directions: turn right as you exit your entrance and walk for about 5 minutes. Restaurant will be on your right. Or you can drive and park along the street.) tel:0873/959246 closed Tuesdays
Trattoria Pizzeria La Fonte
31 Contrada Serre
this fun restaurant, and our favorite, is only a 5-minute walk down the road from your apartment here in Serre. They offer the best pizza around on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Wednesday – Sunday they have a full menu of local cuisine, delicious antipasti, pastas, meats and desserts. Open for lunch and dinner, with a full bar. Reservations not normally needed during the week but would recommend for weekend nights. Cash only (Directions: turn right as you exit your entrance and walk for about 5 minutes. Restaurant will be on your right. Or you can drive and park along the street.) tel:0873/959246 closed Tuesdays
BAR IL GROTTINO
28 Piazza Roma
Bar Sport
6 Via Roma
Bar Capoccina
21 Piazza Roma
Il Barone - Roccaspinalveti
Bar & Gas Station

Tours & Workshops

Artisans & Artists sharing their craft.
The Ventricina variety del Vastese is a sausage typical of the area in the province of Chieti bounded by the rivers Trigno and Sinello, straddling Abruzzo and Molise. It is the salami of friendship: traditionally it is eaten in company or on important occasions. Tours – A tour of the workshop, located in Roccaspinalveti, via Marconi 9, takes about 40 minutes. You will learn how Ventricina is made with an in-depth examination of all that is produced. There will be a tasting of cold meats at the end of the tour. ours are held on Monday morning and afternoon and Thursday afternoon only. Cost per person 5 Euros. Please contact us to make reservations.Tel. and fax 0873 959159-Cell. 347 4027606 info@ventricinaedintorni.it
Ventricina & Dintorni
9 Via G. Marconi
The Ventricina variety del Vastese is a sausage typical of the area in the province of Chieti bounded by the rivers Trigno and Sinello, straddling Abruzzo and Molise. It is the salami of friendship: traditionally it is eaten in company or on important occasions. Tours – A tour of the workshop, located in Roccaspinalveti, via Marconi 9, takes about 40 minutes. You will learn how Ventricina is made with an in-depth examination of all that is produced. There will be a tasting of cold meats at the end of the tour. ours are held on Monday morning and afternoon and Thursday afternoon only. Cost per person 5 Euros. Please contact us to make reservations.Tel. and fax 0873 959159-Cell. 347 4027606 info@ventricinaedintorni.it
L’Azienda Agricola 'Lo Zafferano' is a small reality born in Roccaspinalveti only in 2016, even if the cultivation of the precious spice (saffron) has been taking place for many years, for personal passion and for family use. At some point in our lives we decided to introduce our passion and our wonderful product to the public. Tours last approximately 40 minutes. Production in the field, harvesting, history and .2 gram gift jar included (good for 6-8 portions. Cost 8 euros. Tours available July - October. Please reserve your tour at least 3 days in advance of your desired date. Contact: Antonella Fabiano & Luigi Suriano Tel: +393404683246, Message FB , luieanto@libero.it
Azienda Agricola Lo Zafferano
51 Contrada Quercialtieri
L’Azienda Agricola 'Lo Zafferano' is a small reality born in Roccaspinalveti only in 2016, even if the cultivation of the precious spice (saffron) has been taking place for many years, for personal passion and for family use. At some point in our lives we decided to introduce our passion and our wonderful product to the public. Tours last approximately 40 minutes. Production in the field, harvesting, history and .2 gram gift jar included (good for 6-8 portions. Cost 8 euros. Tours available July - October. Please reserve your tour at least 3 days in advance of your desired date. Contact: Antonella Fabiano & Luigi Suriano Tel: +393404683246, Message FB , luieanto@libero.it
Zeno'R - Art Studio, 1 and 2 day workshops in XYLOGRAPHY (wood engraving) , SERIGRAPHY (silkscreen) and EGG TEMPERA PAINTING. 5 minute walk from Casa Serre Holiday Apartment. Per info: Luca Bruno +39 3484631500, brunoluca.bruno@gmail.com
Contrada Serre, 104
104 Contrada Serre
Zeno'R - Art Studio, 1 and 2 day workshops in XYLOGRAPHY (wood engraving) , SERIGRAPHY (silkscreen) and EGG TEMPERA PAINTING. 5 minute walk from Casa Serre Holiday Apartment. Per info: Luca Bruno +39 3484631500, brunoluca.bruno@gmail.com

Historic & Interesting Sites in Roccaspinalveti

Stunning vistas of sea, Majella mountains. Moderate hike to castle ruins and wind farm. Not to be missed when visiting Roccaspinalveti.
Rovine di Rocca Vecchia
Stunning vistas of sea, Majella mountains. Moderate hike to castle ruins and wind farm. Not to be missed when visiting Roccaspinalveti.
Wide open vistas of Majella mountains and Roccaspinalveti. Picnic tables and grills at Forest. Great place to stop for lunch on hike to Roccavecchia and wind farm.
Colle della Scarpa
Wide open vistas of Majella mountains and Roccaspinalveti. Picnic tables and grills at Forest. Great place to stop for lunch on hike to Roccavecchia and wind farm.
Stunning location. As you walk or drive up the mountain, the Stations of The Cross lead you to this church. Roccavecchia and wind farm backdrop the chapel. You can picnic here surrounded by breathtaking views of mountains and Adriatic Sea.
Church of San Pietro
Stunning location. As you walk or drive up the mountain, the Stations of The Cross lead you to this church. Roccavecchia and wind farm backdrop the chapel. You can picnic here surrounded by breathtaking views of mountains and Adriatic Sea.
The parish church, built after 1850 on the previous rural chapel of San Michele, is located in Aia Bruna, lower than the original urban nucleus. The new settlement of Roccaspinalveti developed around it from the nineteenth century. Of the original nineteenth-century factory remains the stone bell tower with a square plan, completed at the beginning of the 1900s. In fact, the current façade was built in the mid-twentieth century together with the restoration of interior decorations. The interior of the church has a single nave with a barrel vault with a lunette and a false dome. Above the main entrance, in a masonry choir supported by two pillars, is a valuable organ from the mid-seventeenth century. The instrument has a unique structure of its kind and an exceptional historical value deriving precisely from an unusual arrangement of the façade where the bays are divided by the four pipes that go into the cornice through the capitals. This is an element that recalls the facades of Tuscan Renaissance organs which in turn recall the Flemish facades.
Church of San Michele Arcangelo
The parish church, built after 1850 on the previous rural chapel of San Michele, is located in Aia Bruna, lower than the original urban nucleus. The new settlement of Roccaspinalveti developed around it from the nineteenth century. Of the original nineteenth-century factory remains the stone bell tower with a square plan, completed at the beginning of the 1900s. In fact, the current façade was built in the mid-twentieth century together with the restoration of interior decorations. The interior of the church has a single nave with a barrel vault with a lunette and a false dome. Above the main entrance, in a masonry choir supported by two pillars, is a valuable organ from the mid-seventeenth century. The instrument has a unique structure of its kind and an exceptional historical value deriving precisely from an unusual arrangement of the façade where the bays are divided by the four pipes that go into the cornice through the capitals. This is an element that recalls the facades of Tuscan Renaissance organs which in turn recall the Flemish facades.
Cappella di Santa Giusta.
76 Contrada Pontone

Historic & Interesting Sites in Surrounding Area

Under an 1 hour driving time from Roccaspinalveti
The ancient castle dates back to Norman (11th century). There is little evidence of the medieval period, because already in the 15th century the castle was abandoned. In the seventeenth century the rest of the castle was restored by the noble family of Franceschelli, who adapted the fortress in baronial building. Not Open To The Public, but interesting to view within the historic district of Montazzoli.
Castello Franceschelli
1 Via Belvedere
The ancient castle dates back to Norman (11th century). There is little evidence of the medieval period, because already in the 15th century the castle was abandoned. In the seventeenth century the rest of the castle was restored by the noble family of Franceschelli, who adapted the fortress in baronial building. Not Open To The Public, but interesting to view within the historic district of Montazzoli.
The Church of St. Anthonio in Montazzoli is located behind the Parish Church of San Silvestro. According to local tradition, it was built in the eighteenth century, but in fact dates back to before, while in that century were probably executed renovation of an existing chapel, at the entrance of the barony family Montazzoli Franceschelli. The Church has preserved furniture, ornaments and decorations of the Baroque style. Among these, the great organ of the eighteenth century, may be attributed to Francesco D'Onofrio senior for the presence of some structural elements that are related to his particular technique. The organ is located on the left side of the nave by a wooden choir resting on a confessional. On the parapet, between spirals typical of Baroque style, is placed a medallion with the date of construction of the organ,
Chiesa di Sant'Antonio a Montazzoli
The Church of St. Anthonio in Montazzoli is located behind the Parish Church of San Silvestro. According to local tradition, it was built in the eighteenth century, but in fact dates back to before, while in that century were probably executed renovation of an existing chapel, at the entrance of the barony family Montazzoli Franceschelli. The Church has preserved furniture, ornaments and decorations of the Baroque style. Among these, the great organ of the eighteenth century, may be attributed to Francesco D'Onofrio senior for the presence of some structural elements that are related to his particular technique. The organ is located on the left side of the nave by a wooden choir resting on a confessional. On the parapet, between spirals typical of Baroque style, is placed a medallion with the date of construction of the organ,
The silver fir forests in peninsular Italy are now few and localized. One of the most substantial nuclei is located right in the municipality of Castiglione Messer Marino. The Abetina natural oasis of Selva Grande is a protected natural area established in 1996 and managed by the WWF where forests of firs and beeches, once used for wood and for the production of coal, cover pristine hills and valleys. The 800-hectare Abetina di Selva Grande is divided into three parts: the silver fir forest, the beech forest and the pasture areas. The silver fir presents itself alone, or mixed with beech and other species such as maples, including the rare Lobelius maple, the yew, the lime, the major ash, the mountain elm, the white hornbeam, the Turkey oak, the hazel and mountain rowan. The undergrowth is very rich, with very beautiful plants like the crocus, the scilla, the seal of Solomon and the aquilegia. Mammals are represented by the most noble species: wolf, wild cat, marten and roe deer. You can also observe peaks, including the rare black woodpecker, and many birds of prey, such as the goshawk, sparrow hawk, buzzard and, among the nocturnal, the tawny owl and the owl. The shadow of the branches and foliage is the realm of small birds such as the chaffinch, the bullfinch, the little flower and various tits. The best time to visit the oasis of the fir trees is late spring, summer and autumn: snow and frost dominate in winter.
Oasi Naturale Abetina di Selva Grande
The silver fir forests in peninsular Italy are now few and localized. One of the most substantial nuclei is located right in the municipality of Castiglione Messer Marino. The Abetina natural oasis of Selva Grande is a protected natural area established in 1996 and managed by the WWF where forests of firs and beeches, once used for wood and for the production of coal, cover pristine hills and valleys. The 800-hectare Abetina di Selva Grande is divided into three parts: the silver fir forest, the beech forest and the pasture areas. The silver fir presents itself alone, or mixed with beech and other species such as maples, including the rare Lobelius maple, the yew, the lime, the major ash, the mountain elm, the white hornbeam, the Turkey oak, the hazel and mountain rowan. The undergrowth is very rich, with very beautiful plants like the crocus, the scilla, the seal of Solomon and the aquilegia. Mammals are represented by the most noble species: wolf, wild cat, marten and roe deer. You can also observe peaks, including the rare black woodpecker, and many birds of prey, such as the goshawk, sparrow hawk, buzzard and, among the nocturnal, the tawny owl and the owl. The shadow of the branches and foliage is the realm of small birds such as the chaffinch, the bullfinch, the little flower and various tits. The best time to visit the oasis of the fir trees is late spring, summer and autumn: snow and frost dominate in winter.
A Trip Adviser review: "While in Carunchio for a cooking school, we visited this little church that is in village square. The interior is beautifully decorated with a large part of the wall covered by a 15th century fresco. The top part of the fresco, unfortunately, needs restoration. We felt very much at peace going to mass there, and the pastor welcomed us publicly in front of the congregation.
Chiesa di Santa Maria o del Purgatorio
A Trip Adviser review: "While in Carunchio for a cooking school, we visited this little church that is in village square. The interior is beautifully decorated with a large part of the wall covered by a 15th century fresco. The top part of the fresco, unfortunately, needs restoration. We felt very much at peace going to mass there, and the pastor welcomed us publicly in front of the congregation.
Google review "A Paradise in the true sense of the word .. place of worship for meditation and relaxation"
Fonte Paradiso
Google review "A Paradise in the true sense of the word .. place of worship for meditation and relaxation"
The parish church of San Martino was built in the 14th century on the summit of the ancient village of Liscia . In the XVIII century it was subjected to renovations that provided it with a new facade. The interiors decorated with stucco date back to the eighteenth century interventions.
Chiesa Parrocchiale di San Martino
The parish church of San Martino was built in the 14th century on the summit of the ancient village of Liscia . In the XVIII century it was subjected to renovations that provided it with a new facade. The interiors decorated with stucco date back to the eighteenth century interventions.
In a rocky environment, immersed in a particular and suggestive natural scenery, the ancient «Grotta», rich in stalactites, is dug in the heart of the rock from which a fresh and abundant water gushes out. It is said that St. Michael the Archangel appeared. At the bottom presents an altar with the image of the Archangel in a small picture illuminated by an oil lamp. Adjacent to the cave, the Marquesses of Avalos built the votive chapel in the early 18th century, which was also very impressive. It has a single altar on which stands the wooden statue of St. Michael (18th century) attributed to the Neapolitan sculptor Giacomo Colombo. It was expanded into further baroque-style forms later.
Santuario di San Michele Arcangelo
In a rocky environment, immersed in a particular and suggestive natural scenery, the ancient «Grotta», rich in stalactites, is dug in the heart of the rock from which a fresh and abundant water gushes out. It is said that St. Michael the Archangel appeared. At the bottom presents an altar with the image of the Archangel in a small picture illuminated by an oil lamp. Adjacent to the cave, the Marquesses of Avalos built the votive chapel in the early 18th century, which was also very impressive. It has a single altar on which stands the wooden statue of St. Michael (18th century) attributed to the Neapolitan sculptor Giacomo Colombo. It was expanded into further baroque-style forms later.
he parish church of San Silvestro, situated at the highest point of Fraine with its bell tower, dominates the town with its massive bulk of stone. The segments are fairly squared off in parts of the facade, more irregular in others. Above the portal, the façade is preserved a precious stone element erratic with traces of polychrome probably depicting the coat of arms with the lion rampant of Caracciolo. The bell tower, stone, with massive appearance almost watchtower, appears divided into several registers cornices. Of quadrangular plan has, on the ground floor, a round arch.
Chiesa Parrocchiale di San Silvestro Papa
he parish church of San Silvestro, situated at the highest point of Fraine with its bell tower, dominates the town with its massive bulk of stone. The segments are fairly squared off in parts of the facade, more irregular in others. Above the portal, the façade is preserved a precious stone element erratic with traces of polychrome probably depicting the coat of arms with the lion rampant of Caracciolo. The bell tower, stone, with massive appearance almost watchtower, appears divided into several registers cornices. Of quadrangular plan has, on the ground floor, a round arch.
The small rural church of San Domenico located at the edge of the forest known as the Vicenne not far from the other Church, also rural in Santa Maria Mater Domini, was commissioned by Martino Giuseppe fu Innocenzo (as can be seen from the parish register of 1800) which built it on his own fund and at his own expense endowing it with the goods necessary for its maintenance in the years immediately before 1840. The legend tells that the peasant Martino, while he was plowing the fields, fell into a chasm full of snakes from which he succeeded unharmed only for having invoked the name of the Saint. Of particular beauty is the statue of San Domenico high m. 1.80 placed in the niche of the altar.
Church of San Domenico
The small rural church of San Domenico located at the edge of the forest known as the Vicenne not far from the other Church, also rural in Santa Maria Mater Domini, was commissioned by Martino Giuseppe fu Innocenzo (as can be seen from the parish register of 1800) which built it on his own fund and at his own expense endowing it with the goods necessary for its maintenance in the years immediately before 1840. The legend tells that the peasant Martino, while he was plowing the fields, fell into a chasm full of snakes from which he succeeded unharmed only for having invoked the name of the Saint. Of particular beauty is the statue of San Domenico high m. 1.80 placed in the niche of the altar.
The church, already mentioned in the tenths of the first decades of the fourteenth century, is the result of the transformations that completely invested the fortified village of San Buono in the sixteenth century. In fact, as well as the adjacent noble building of the Caracciolos, it incorporates the remains of a medieval castle of which today only written evidence remains. Further transformations were due to the need for structural consolidation following the numerous earthquakes in the Abruzzo-Molise region. In 1774, following the arrival of the relics of San Buono, a crypt was built where the body of the martyr, patron saint of the city, is still preserved today. There are paintings of the Neapolitan school of the 17th century and a beautiful marble altar of the 18th century.
Church of St. Lorenzo Martire
The church, already mentioned in the tenths of the first decades of the fourteenth century, is the result of the transformations that completely invested the fortified village of San Buono in the sixteenth century. In fact, as well as the adjacent noble building of the Caracciolos, it incorporates the remains of a medieval castle of which today only written evidence remains. Further transformations were due to the need for structural consolidation following the numerous earthquakes in the Abruzzo-Molise region. In 1774, following the arrival of the relics of San Buono, a crypt was built where the body of the martyr, patron saint of the city, is still preserved today. There are paintings of the Neapolitan school of the 17th century and a beautiful marble altar of the 18th century.
Home to the Museo per l'Arte, l'Archeologia e la Cultura del Vastese. The Museum for art and archeology of Vasto was housed in the former Convent of St. Anthony of San Buono (Chieti), in a beautiful green setting at the foot of Monte Sorbo. The convent was built in the sixteenth century by the Capuchin Friars, in an unspoilt area rich in meadows, woods and springs. A stream passes under the kitchen of the convent and from it the brothers a water supplying time required drawing it with a bucket that was lowered through a special hatch. Ranked in 1998 as a museum of regional interest, it documented the most significant manifestations of material culture and art of the peoples who inhabited the current area of ​​Vasto. Prehistory and Early History. The museum exhibited a splendid tusk Elephas antiquus , found in locations Nougat Scerni in the 70s dating to about 400,000 years ago. Archaic period . The area of the innermost vastese was inhabited by Safini while Frentani occupied the Adriatic coast between the rivers Fortore Forum in North and South. The area of ​​Vasto has, so far, returned a few written records, the most important being the bronze cylinder, found in the territory of Casalbordino, engraved with the first ten letters of the alphabet under the Osco many flowers and votive bronze key, from Tufillo, donated by the "Agello" communities to Herentas goddess, similar to the Greek Aphrodite. Very interesting are the funerary objects unearthed in Gissi, Villalfonsina and Carpineto Sinello and archaic bronze ornaments from different localities of Vasto. Very rare are the armor-bronze disks found in Paglieta, Vasto and Villalfonsina, decorated with fantastic image of the animal typical of safina culture. Important is, then, the ceramic votive material, stone and terracotta coming from the sacred area of ​​Fonte San Nicola, on the eastern slopes of Monte Sorbo. Roman Age. Durations the Roman era, today's area of Vasto was divided between municipia of Tereventum and Histonium. Between the third and fourth centuries d. C., Valle del Trigno manifested a certain vitality, whose causes are to be found in the growing importance of the time from the eastern part of the Roman Empire. One of the hubs of the economy in the late Roman Vastese was the recent settlement located in the center of San Salvo, whose fortune is probably associated with the landing at the mouth of the river Trigno - the " Trinium portuosum " Pliny the Vecchio- intended to promote trade with the eastern territories.
Convento di Sant'Antonio
Home to the Museo per l'Arte, l'Archeologia e la Cultura del Vastese. The Museum for art and archeology of Vasto was housed in the former Convent of St. Anthony of San Buono (Chieti), in a beautiful green setting at the foot of Monte Sorbo. The convent was built in the sixteenth century by the Capuchin Friars, in an unspoilt area rich in meadows, woods and springs. A stream passes under the kitchen of the convent and from it the brothers a water supplying time required drawing it with a bucket that was lowered through a special hatch. Ranked in 1998 as a museum of regional interest, it documented the most significant manifestations of material culture and art of the peoples who inhabited the current area of ​​Vasto. Prehistory and Early History. The museum exhibited a splendid tusk Elephas antiquus , found in locations Nougat Scerni in the 70s dating to about 400,000 years ago. Archaic period . The area of the innermost vastese was inhabited by Safini while Frentani occupied the Adriatic coast between the rivers Fortore Forum in North and South. The area of ​​Vasto has, so far, returned a few written records, the most important being the bronze cylinder, found in the territory of Casalbordino, engraved with the first ten letters of the alphabet under the Osco many flowers and votive bronze key, from Tufillo, donated by the "Agello" communities to Herentas goddess, similar to the Greek Aphrodite. Very interesting are the funerary objects unearthed in Gissi, Villalfonsina and Carpineto Sinello and archaic bronze ornaments from different localities of Vasto. Very rare are the armor-bronze disks found in Paglieta, Vasto and Villalfonsina, decorated with fantastic image of the animal typical of safina culture. Important is, then, the ceramic votive material, stone and terracotta coming from the sacred area of ​​Fonte San Nicola, on the eastern slopes of Monte Sorbo. Roman Age. Durations the Roman era, today's area of Vasto was divided between municipia of Tereventum and Histonium. Between the third and fourth centuries d. C., Valle del Trigno manifested a certain vitality, whose causes are to be found in the growing importance of the time from the eastern part of the Roman Empire. One of the hubs of the economy in the late Roman Vastese was the recent settlement located in the center of San Salvo, whose fortune is probably associated with the landing at the mouth of the river Trigno - the " Trinium portuosum " Pliny the Vecchio- intended to promote trade with the eastern territories.
The castle was built by the Pandulfo-Di Sangro of the Counts of Monteodorisio. In 1095, while the marquis palace dates back to the 15th century and the chapel of San Carlo to 1772 built by the marquis Severino di Gagliati. Recent archaeological excavations have brought to light the remains of glazed ceramic from the 11th century, mostly found in the gap between the old circular tower and the polygonal tower. The castle is located in the northern district of the town called Le Coste in defense of the Treste river. The manor consists of a tower of dodecagonal shape perhaps of sixteenth-century origin that has incorporated a circular tower, the palace of the Severino-Longo and the church of San Carlo Borromeo. Until the early twentieth century there was also a tower called the "Torrione" with vertical walls without shoes. A garden inside the castle is equipped with casemates for the defense of the marquis palace. The prevailing material for the construction is the local limestone, sometimes well squared (in corner corners or in supporting arches. For the cornices, the bricks are used (bricks and tiles arranged on rows and protruding on the façade. The balconies balconies they are made of more compact limestone called Istrian stone, scattered here and there you can admire the greenish-gray architectural elements of sandstone as in the marquis palace.Investigations have brought to light the city walls and a water pipe in brick adjacent to the shoe on the south side of the polygonal tower.
Castello Marchesale di Palmoli
The castle was built by the Pandulfo-Di Sangro of the Counts of Monteodorisio. In 1095, while the marquis palace dates back to the 15th century and the chapel of San Carlo to 1772 built by the marquis Severino di Gagliati. Recent archaeological excavations have brought to light the remains of glazed ceramic from the 11th century, mostly found in the gap between the old circular tower and the polygonal tower. The castle is located in the northern district of the town called Le Coste in defense of the Treste river. The manor consists of a tower of dodecagonal shape perhaps of sixteenth-century origin that has incorporated a circular tower, the palace of the Severino-Longo and the church of San Carlo Borromeo. Until the early twentieth century there was also a tower called the "Torrione" with vertical walls without shoes. A garden inside the castle is equipped with casemates for the defense of the marquis palace. The prevailing material for the construction is the local limestone, sometimes well squared (in corner corners or in supporting arches. For the cornices, the bricks are used (bricks and tiles arranged on rows and protruding on the façade. The balconies balconies they are made of more compact limestone called Istrian stone, scattered here and there you can admire the greenish-gray architectural elements of sandstone as in the marquis palace.Investigations have brought to light the city walls and a water pipe in brick adjacent to the shoe on the south side of the polygonal tower.
The church of Santa Maria delle Grazie is located in Via Veneto in Palmoli in the province of Chieti. Already existing previously, it was entirely rebuilt in the seventeenth century, under the patronage of the Marquis Gagliati. The sandstone bell tower is from the 16th century. In ancient times it must have served as a defensive tower. The façade consists of a square rose window with rounded corners towards the inside and a tympanum. The bell tower, with a quadrangular base, has a pyramidal spire. The interior of the church has three naves. In the choir there is an organ with a prospect divided by pilasters and gilded wooden decorations. The organ cannot be played, the canes are 25 and distributed over three bays. Inside, the body of Saint Valentine is kept from 1824, of which the relic of the arm was already present in 1704. The chapel was built between 1898 and 1904 to a design by engineer Rota.
Church of Saint Mary of Grace
The church of Santa Maria delle Grazie is located in Via Veneto in Palmoli in the province of Chieti. Already existing previously, it was entirely rebuilt in the seventeenth century, under the patronage of the Marquis Gagliati. The sandstone bell tower is from the 16th century. In ancient times it must have served as a defensive tower. The façade consists of a square rose window with rounded corners towards the inside and a tympanum. The bell tower, with a quadrangular base, has a pyramidal spire. The interior of the church has three naves. In the choir there is an organ with a prospect divided by pilasters and gilded wooden decorations. The organ cannot be played, the canes are 25 and distributed over three bays. Inside, the body of Saint Valentine is kept from 1824, of which the relic of the arm was already present in 1704. The chapel was built between 1898 and 1904 to a design by engineer Rota.
Monte Pallano , with its 1020 m above sea level, is today as 2500 years ago, a point of enviable observation of the surrounding territory , towards the sea to the northeast, towards the Val di Sangro and the Eastern Majella west, Molise to the south and towards the mountains Frentani dell'altovastese southeast. At his feet lie the countries of Bomba and Tornareccio , one on the western slope overlooking a beautiful lake, and the other on the eastern side, famous for its honey production and the mosaics that adorn the facades of houses. Far away from the busier resorts, Monte Pallano has preserved its old fascination that makes it an ideal destination for those who want to rediscover the ancestral link between man and nature . In fact, through a suggestive nature trail you can reach one of the most interesting archaeological sites of the province. Because of all these favorable geo-morphological conditions, Mount Pallano men of the Italic tribe Frentani settled in the distant past and, between the fifth and fourth centuries BC erected the imposing megalithic walls in their city protection , the legendary palanùd luvkanateìs . Golden age of the Frentani followed the era of the Romans, that of cultural fusion process that the Romans to conquer peacefully attuavano another population. But in imperial times the city, which has become Pallanum, is heading towards a slow decline, which will end around the second-third century AD with the final abandonment of the city.
Pallanum
Monte Pallano , with its 1020 m above sea level, is today as 2500 years ago, a point of enviable observation of the surrounding territory , towards the sea to the northeast, towards the Val di Sangro and the Eastern Majella west, Molise to the south and towards the mountains Frentani dell'altovastese southeast. At his feet lie the countries of Bomba and Tornareccio , one on the western slope overlooking a beautiful lake, and the other on the eastern side, famous for its honey production and the mosaics that adorn the facades of houses. Far away from the busier resorts, Monte Pallano has preserved its old fascination that makes it an ideal destination for those who want to rediscover the ancestral link between man and nature . In fact, through a suggestive nature trail you can reach one of the most interesting archaeological sites of the province. Because of all these favorable geo-morphological conditions, Mount Pallano men of the Italic tribe Frentani settled in the distant past and, between the fifth and fourth centuries BC erected the imposing megalithic walls in their city protection , the legendary palanùd luvkanateìs . Golden age of the Frentani followed the era of the Romans, that of cultural fusion process that the Romans to conquer peacefully attuavano another population. But in imperial times the city, which has become Pallanum, is heading towards a slow decline, which will end around the second-third century AD with the final abandonment of the city.
Pre-Napoleonic villa corresponding to the current hamlet with this name (fortified village and church of S. Vittoria). Mentioned in the year 1036 as the castle of Pesucurulo. Also the church of S. Maria ad Sinellum erected there, ruined after the XVI century, must be ancient (perhaps cited already in the IX century). There is no trace of this castle in the Angevin period. Previously known as Policorno, taxed for the first time in 1443-7, it is 1468 associated with Carpineto. Uninhabited, it re-emerges in 1561 as Villa di Carpineto and is also numbered in 1595 and 1648.
Fortified town of Policorvo
Pre-Napoleonic villa corresponding to the current hamlet with this name (fortified village and church of S. Vittoria). Mentioned in the year 1036 as the castle of Pesucurulo. Also the church of S. Maria ad Sinellum erected there, ruined after the XVI century, must be ancient (perhaps cited already in the IX century). There is no trace of this castle in the Angevin period. Previously known as Policorno, taxed for the first time in 1443-7, it is 1468 associated with Carpineto. Uninhabited, it re-emerges in 1561 as Villa di Carpineto and is also numbered in 1595 and 1648.

Tours & Workshops in Surrounding Area

The Abruzzo Cibus Culinary Tour is an all-inclusive tour. Guests choose either the four- or seven-day package and stay in a fabulous hotel (once a palace) located at the very top of an Abruzzo hilltop town. The little-known Italian region of Abruzzo has a lot to offer, and much of it is revealed by Abruzzo Cibus; that’s what really makes the experience special. Guests are guided from the seaside, where a visit with local fisherman slips you into the Mediterranean mood, to a mozzarella cheese factory, to the Vatican’s personal bell foundry, and so on.
Palazzo Tour D'Eau - Abruzzo Cibus
8 Via Monte
The Abruzzo Cibus Culinary Tour is an all-inclusive tour. Guests choose either the four- or seven-day package and stay in a fabulous hotel (once a palace) located at the very top of an Abruzzo hilltop town. The little-known Italian region of Abruzzo has a lot to offer, and much of it is revealed by Abruzzo Cibus; that’s what really makes the experience special. Guests are guided from the seaside, where a visit with local fisherman slips you into the Mediterranean mood, to a mozzarella cheese factory, to the Vatican’s personal bell foundry, and so on.
Bee culture and Honey Product. Fantastic facility with tastings and tours.
Adi Apicoltura
72 Via Alcide De Gasperi
Bee culture and Honey Product. Fantastic facility with tastings and tours.

Where To Eat in the Surrounding Area

4.8 stars out of 5 - Google
Ristorante La Vecchia Quercia
1 Via Del Santuario
4.8 stars out of 5 - Google
Google review: Environment without frills, fast and punctual service, good cuisine. Discreet pizza.
Pizzeria La Valle
Google review: Environment without frills, fast and punctual service, good cuisine. Discreet pizza.
Great local dishes at a cozy family restaurant. Large portions at economical prices! And very delicious!
Palucci
18 Via Istonia
Great local dishes at a cozy family restaurant. Large portions at economical prices! And very delicious!
4.3 stars Google "Hotel / restaurant located at the entrance of the village, quite visible from the road. Quite generous portions, carefully prepared food and tasty dishes. Friendly and helpful staff, very fair prices. Recommended." Google review
La Collinetta
21 Via Aldo Moro
4.3 stars Google "Hotel / restaurant located at the entrance of the village, quite visible from the road. Quite generous portions, carefully prepared food and tasty dishes. Friendly and helpful staff, very fair prices. Recommended." Google review
Local dishes and pizza. Closed Mondays.
Degustibus
Local dishes and pizza. Closed Mondays.
Typical dishes of the Alto Vastese region
Agriturismo Montefreddo
Typical dishes of the Alto Vastese region
Local Dishes
La Vecchia Cantina
8 Via Tripaldi
Local Dishes
local dishes
Il Ruscello
local dishes
local dishes, closed Tuesdays
Ristorante La Griglia
158 Via Italia
local dishes, closed Tuesdays
pizza & local dishes
Ristorante Pizzeria Dal Cianci
94 Corso Vittorio Emanuele
pizza & local dishes
mid price, pizza & local dishes, closed Mondays
Ristorante N'donio
5B Via Salita Castello
mid price, pizza & local dishes, closed Mondays
Takeway pizza
Kilimangiamo
5B Piazza S. Rocco
Takeway pizza
local dishes, closed Mondays
Il Falco
52 SP207
local dishes, closed Mondays

Wineries

Outlet for great wines at great prices. Also olive oil and local products. (45 minutes from Casa Serre)
Cantina Sociale S. Nicola
Outlet for great wines at great prices. Also olive oil and local products. (45 minutes from Casa Serre)
Highly rated cantina (45 minutes from Casa Serre)
Tenuta Oderisio
Highly rated cantina (45 minutes from Casa Serre)
Restaurant & winery (35 minutes from Casa Serre)
Villaggio Cirulli
Restaurant & winery (35 minutes from Casa Serre)
Cantina 50 minutes from Casa Serre
Cantine Spinelli
Cantina 50 minutes from Casa Serre
Winery (Molise, 50 minutes from Casa Serre)
Claudio Cipressi Vignaiolo
Winery (Molise, 50 minutes from Casa Serre)