Dear Omar, feedback is very important to us to improve the next guest's experience IF it is accurate and complete. Whilst we acknowledge that issues may arise, as a reputable SUPERHOST, we make it our priority to be responsive and to resolve any issue as quickly as possible.
Unfortunately, it seems you have failed to mention a few important points in your comments;
1. Prior to your check-in, on the same morning another guest checked out with no complaints of any smell whatsoever, and we received a 5 star review from the same guest (please see Michelle's review).
2. The apartment was cleaned and inspected prior to your check-out and neither the cleaner or inspection team detected any smell whatsoever.
3. Within less than half an hour of your 'complaint of a smell' we sent some one from reception to check the smell. It was found that the there was a smell coming into the bathroom from the building ventilation shaft because you had opened the bathroom window in the bathroom.
4. The next morning you sent a request saying you couldn't operate the washing machine , so within a few minutes we sent someone to show how to operate it. At the same time he checked and confirmed there was no smell in the apartment.
5. The following day you complained you didn't know how to switch on the gas switch, despite all of the simple step-by-step instructions and clear photos being sent to you before your arrival and check-in. However, again as part of our good service, we still sent someone within less than 5 minutes to show how to switch on the gas (which was simply rotating a switch and took less than 10 seconds to do !!).
6. The pest control, which is safe and harmless for the building occupants, is a normal preventative measure carried out as best practice in all reputably maintained buildings in Dubai. This was done in the common areas at an off peak time with no impact what so ever on my apartment and at a time when you weren't even in the building !
7. Despite the House Rules requiring you to check-out at 1pm, the night before check-out you informed us you wanted a late check-out until 6 pm because you had an important business meeting. Even though you request was very late and we had already booked the cleaning, IN GOOD FAITH, we cancelled and rescheduled the cleaning (at our cost !) and gave you a COMPLIMENTARY extended check-out !
After all of this , we didn't even receive a single word of gratitude for our expeditious responsiveness to all your requests or for providing the extended check-out.
DISAPPOINTINGLY, a few days AFTER YOU CHECKED OUT we were utterly surprised to receive an audacious request from you for 2 days compensation !!! Airbnb Customer Support reviewed the situation and completely rejected your disingenuous attempt for compensation !
Thankfully, we had guests check-in on the same night that gave us another shining 5 STAR review which is consistent with all of the other 5 star feedback we have received previously, and which I hope are more representative of the true guest experience and apartment !