Spend a relaxing time near the DC area and Alexandria waterfront in a private room w/bathroom. It's a .9 mile walk to King St. Metro (blue/yellow line) & Eisenhower Metro (yellow line).
Enjoy the kitchen, balcony, & easy access to metro & Amtrak.
*Please* read our listing carefully especially about location, walking distance, amenities, profile requirements before you inquire!
Close to both Old Town Alexandria, the Mark Center, and the National Harbor, as well as provide easy access to DC, it is perfect for tourists, business travelers, interns or those looking to relocate to the area. There is street parking as well.
The room fits two comfortably in a queen size bed.
We do not usually offer long term stays because we are not looking for roommates but awesome travelers with similar-minded philosophies.
We don't have any pets of our own at the moment (except a small fish/shrimp tank), but it is a very dog friendly neighborhood, and if you have a well behaved pet you'd like to bring with you, please let us know.
Accès des voyageurs
Enjoy a cup of espresso/coffee with the Nespresso machine, kitchen, high speed internet. We try to keep the kitchen stocked up with a few basics if you'd like to cook. There is central heating (winter 70F)/summer (73F), so you'll have a relaxing and comfortable stay! We just ask that you clean up after yourselves.
There is a lock on your bedroom door (depending on how much privacy you'd prefer). You will also have your own private bathroom. We have spare toiletries (shampoo/conditioner/shower gel), toothpaste, and towels for guests. If you need something not listed above, please ask since we probably have it!
Laundry facilities are available in the home and also on the basement level of the building (We have laundry detergent you can use).
Street Parking is available for those coming by car.
Other Perks: Fast Internet (we take our internet seriously), folding wall desk in room, no TV (yes that has been highlighted as a perk for some guests).
Échanges avec les voyageurs
My significant other and I stay in the other bedroom, and feel free to contact us via airbnb message/email/phone if we're out if you have any questions or would like food/local attraction suggestions (we love food and enjoy cooking!). I generally work until 5pm on weekdays; though sometimes I can try to work with your schedule to 'check in' earlier. Weekends my schedule is much more flexible for check in. I may be out on some work travel and will always let you know in advance during booking/pre-approval, but my significant other who lives with me, can help with 'check in' and 'check out'. He loves the outdoors (climbing), is also well traveled, and visited many of the DC tourist spots - so you'll be in good hands!
We've couch-surfed, airbnb, and hostels around the world (backpacked through Europe), and I have lived in Japan, South Korea, China, and Belgium,and always enjoy fun travel stories!
Please note that this is an older home with an industrial style touch so it may not have the clean, modern look. We love travelers, foodies, and great stories! So we're happy to accommodate international travelers!
While this is a 'bnb' we do it because we enjoy meeting new people and like to know who we're hosting vs treating it as a 'business' transaction.
New airbnb users, we appreciate it if you can please make sure to 1) fill our your public profile pic with a picture of yourself, 2) "about me"/mention a few things about yourself, and 3) get ID verified. Also, don't use your friend's account! This is for airbnb security purposes and also helps you with airbnb bookings elsewhere in the future.
NOTE: Airbnb does NOT allow us to see outside website links, specific company names, email address, or phone numbers until your booking is confirmed (to avoid people from going 'outside' of the system). Please keep that in mind since I cannot 'call' or 'email' you about more info outside of the airbnb messaging system unless we accept you. We don't mean to be rude, but we really can't!
We take pet allergies very seriously and pay extra attention to cleaning the room pre/post next guest, and will happily let you know when was the last guests with a pet that stayed if you let us know you have a pet allergy. (We have not had any incidents with this).
- Please be considerate that we live in a quiet neighborhood and respectful of us & our home (Ie. Clean up after yourself, don't douse yourself in perfume/cologne/axe body spray so the entire place smells of you for hours).
- No smoking in unit, and this includes the balcony (We hate the smell of cigarettes and I may cough out a lung)
- To keep the place clean, it is a shoes-off home, feel free to use slippers provided.
- We welcome well behaved pets, but only *one* at a time in our small home (please notify in advance though.)
- We thoroughly enjoy airbnb, but sometimes a bad guest does make us question our willingness to sometimes have strangers into our home. By accepting you into our home, we expect you to be honest guests. Therefore, if you accidentally take something of ours with you after checkout (ie. Metro Cards), we ask you to be forthcoming about it! (we've only had 2-3 guests out of the 60+ experiences of hosting, DON'T BE THAT GUEST!)
Other General FYI:
- Max 2 guests unless approved prior to booking (we reserve the right to not have 'additional' guests).
- If you forgot/ need something (extra charging cord, random household stuff), please feel free to ask - we probably have it and happy to share.
- If you forget/we find any personal belongings, we will do our best to contact you immediately via airbnb message to figure out next steps. Please let us know within 48 hrs post-departure on what you want to do with it, or we will throw it away (sorry, we do not have the space to end up as a storage unit, especially if you don't respond and care about what you forgot either).