This bright little nest is the perfect place to relax and get immersed in the Newari ambiance of the old Patan while enjoying extreme calm. It has its own little sunny roof terrace, perfect to read, work and enjoy coffee in the morning ;-)
Located inside Yatachhen house , a beautiful conservation project of Newari architecture.
The house has been entirely renovated/ rebuilt 10 years ago with modern anti seismic method and the addition of concrete belts to assure extreme security in case of earthquake. It has paid off as the house didn't suffer of a single crack/ damage during the last earthquake that hit Nepal in April 2015. The house has been assessed by structural engineers and later used as emergency housing solutions for United Nation Staff following the event.
Charming single bedroom with attached bathroom, storage space, small desk area and direct attached roof terrace. Ideal for someone on a consulting mission, a volunteer or a single traveller.
The room is independent, has attached bathroom and full access to a beautiful roof terrace as well as a kitchen and a comfortable living room.
• Attached bathroom with bath and WC. Hot water from storage geyser
• Common kitchen/ living room to chill out or cook your own meals
• Washing machine
• Electricity backup for all-day power supply
• Free WIFI
• Gas heater in winter
• Free set of towels and linens changed every week
• Cleaning twice per week
Fabulous location: The house is quietly nested behind Swotha square, a few meters away from the magical Patan Durbar Square.
To resume :
• Situated in the heart of Patan historical city center (Swotha Square)
• Quietly nested inside a courtyard (no noise from the road!)
• Less than 100m away from Durbar Square and the Golden Temple
• 500m away from Patan Doka (Patan’s gate)
Yatachhen House literally means "living in Harmony"... give it a try!
Accès des voyageurs
- Common kitchen/ living room to chill out or cook your own meals.
- Direct attached roof terrace.
- Our office is just on the ground floor of the house, where you can always find us to have a chat ;-)
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We are always happy to help out our guests with anything they may need and have a nice chat with them.
Our guests can conveniently find us every morning in our Office located in the ground floor of Yatachhen House.
Being quite busy with our work, we have unfortunately not so much time for full cultural exploration along with our guests but are always happy to recommend them good guides for that.
Jimi, Yuri and Peter are our community/courtyard dogs. They are adorable creatures, very kind and friendly. If ever they welcome you with a little bark, don't be afraid, it is just to greet you ;-)
Gas, water and electricity are very precious ressources here in Nepal, please use them very conscientiously. Small problems related to those ressources can always happen, we are reactive to fix things once informed but you need to be aware that Nepal is a country where you have to be adaptable ;-)
Nothing special beside the respect of others.
We also encourage our guests to smoke on the roof terrace instead of inside the room
Please note that we do NOT welcome any type of sex tourists.