Our cozy family cabin is located at Wintergreen in Roseland, VA. It is the ideal mountain getaway for families, students, couples, or individuals and we are a 15-20 minute walk or a 5-7 min bike/car ride from the resort offices. The space comfortably fits up to eight people, and the area offers activities that everyone can enjoy year-round!
In addition to being known for its winter sports, the area is also a wonderful place for swimming, fishing, hiking, and rafting during the Spring/Summer months. Roseland/Nelson County (also referred to simply as "Wintergreen") is home to a number of wonderful vineyards, craft breweries, nature trails, and of course beautiful mountain views!
Our cabin is adjacent to the Wintergreen Resort which includes ski slopes, restaurants, and shops. They also offer various outdoor activities and public programs.
* Please note that we are not affiliated with Wintergreen Resort. Access to their facilities is limited to their public programs, which include winter sports, outdoor recreation, and periodic events. We cannot supply passes to their indoor pool, spa area, or guest services.
Accès des voyageurs
Our cabin has two bathrooms and three bedrooms (two king-sized beds and two sets of bunk beds), so the home can easily accommodate 6-8 people. It also features a full kitchen, dishwasher, deck, wireless internet, and a TV with Bluray/DVD Player.
Our kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, utensils, and cookware. There is also a coffee maker, washer/dryer, oven and microwave. You're welcome to use any of these items during your stay but please clean any used dishes before checking out and remove all perishable trash (see House Rules).
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We do not live at the property and use the space primarily as a vacation home. We will not be present during your stay but we do have caretakers nearby who check on the property and are available in the event of an emergency.
* Rates may vary seasonally and on holidays, based on demand.
* Check In time is generally set at 1PM but is flexible. Please let us know if you'll be checking in before or after 1PM.
* We are not affiliated with the Wintergreen Resort and cannot ensure that all of their facilities will be available to our guests. Please contact the Wintergreen Resort Office to get additional information about their public facilities and programs.
* Please note that your security deposit will be returned in full by Airbnb unless something is missing or significantly damaged.
* If you are aware of another rental property on the mountain with comparable amenities that is being listed at a lower price than our property, feel free to let us know! We'd be happy to negotiate our rates with you depending on the season and demand.
PLEASE READ THE HOUSE RULES CAREFULLY SO THAT WE CAN GIVE YOU THE REVIEW THAT YOU DESERVE! But also make yourself at home and make the most of your stay!
- PLEASE BE SURE THAT YOUR ITINERARY REFLECTS THE CORRECT NUMBER OF GUESTS IN YOUR PARTY. This includes you and all friends, relatives, or other guests who will be staying overnight during your reserved dates (even if they are only staying for one evening). You can edit your number of guests and amend your itinerary at any time.
- Let us know if anything is not working or is damaged when you arrive or during your stay. We’d like to know, so it can be fixed promptly!
- Do not smoke inside! You can smoke on the deck or back porch, but please do not throw cigarette butts into the surrounding wooded area.
- If you use the fireplace, be careful and follow all instructions! Our fireplace is deactivated annually from June until August.
- PLEASE ONLY USE AVAILABLE SPACE HEATERS IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, or if there is a problem with the central air. It's very probable that a space heater will trip one of our breakers (depending on where it is plugged in). The breaker box is located in the crawl space under the cabin and is only accessible externally. You are welcome to use the fireplace at any time though (see the "House Manual" for fireplace instructions).
- Respect the plumbing! Please never pour cooking grease or inappropriate materials down the drains (dispose of grease in a trash bin once it has cooled).
- DO NOT adjust or alter any valves or setting on our propane system without consulting us first. In the event of an emergency or utility disruption please contact us immediately.
- When you are preparing to leave, please use our Checkout Checklist below.
- TAKE ALL PERISHABLE TRASH TO THE COMMUNITY DUMPSTER! When driving out of the neighborhood you should see a large dumpster located on Black Rock Dr. (between the cabin and The Market at Wintergreen). In order to keep our home bug/rodent-free, we request that guests toss their bagged garbage away at this dumpster when they leave. We schedule regular cleanings after each guest has checked out, however, it may be several days between reservations.
- Be sure to leave all slept-in beds un-made so we know which linens to clean after your stay. You can leave dirty towels and rags on the bathroom floor or on top of the washing machine. Please do not leave any wet fabrics in the washer or dryer though.
- Make sure all lights/appliances are turned off and all windows/doors are shut and locked.
- Wash and put away any dirty dishes that you've used during your stay.
- In the winter/fall, please turn the thermostat to its lowest setting when you check out. In the summer/spring, turn it to the highest setting when you check out.
- Try to leave the rest of the house as it was when you arrived. If you move furniture or decor items, please restore them to their original location before checking out.
- For safety, please lock the doors when exiting.
- You can leave the front porch light on for the next visitor (it's the middle switch by the front door.)
- Drive safe and let us know how your stay was on Airbnb!
We are not liable for damages to or the loss of personal items left in the home after guests check out. We are not responsible for the care or shipment of personal belongings left behind. We will make every attempt to identify the owner of found items and will contact guests whenever possible to make arrangements for return of belongings. Arrangements for the return of belongings are the responsibility of guests. All lost/forgotten items must be claimed within 30 days. After that time, recovered items will be be held in a "Lost & Found" container until further notice, donated, or disposed of.
* If you require us to ship any forgotten/lost items to you, all packages will be sent as a COD. The recipient will be responsible for any/all associated postage fees, shipping or packaging costs. A 15% convenience charge will also be added. These fees will be collected by the shipping company before packages can be claimed by recipients.
Our pet policy is negotiable on a case by case basis. Please let us know if you intend to bring an animal. We do not allow pets that are not house broken or have a history of destructive behavior. If your pet is still "in-training," or is a nervous traveler, please make alternative arrangements for your furry friends.
! HAPPY TRAVELS !