À propos de ce logement
Located off Harbour Street in the heart of Whitstable, a stones through from the beach, boutique shops, harbour, pubs and restaurants. An airy, bright cottage with lovely character and a peaceful south facing garden.
The decor is an eclectic mix of contemporary and original features. A spacious living room leads out to an open plan kitchen/dinner with log burner. Both the Master and twin bedrooms have original decorative fire places. Original wooden floors throughout.
Lovely waking up to the sound of seagulls in the harbour.
Just to note being a fisherman's cottage the bathroom is located off the kitchen and the stairs to the bedrooms are quite steep.
Accès des voyageurs
Guests have the use of the house and garden.
We have a travel cot and babies bath mat if you would like to use let us know.
Échanges avec les voyageurs
We will probably not be in Whitstable but I am available on my phone most of the time.
Here are a few of our favourite pubs and eateries all within a short stroll.
- David Browns Deli - great coffee and daily seasonal menu
- New Inn Pub -Cosy and welcoming. Just a few doors up from the cottage
- Wheelers Oyster Bar - Delicious. Need to book but also do takeouts.
- Whitstable Oyster Company - Great food and a lovely beach venue.
- The Sportsman - A must but make a booking. Can walk in an hour following the seafront.
- Old Neptune Pub - Seafront location. Iconic.
- Windy Corner - Great coffee and breakfasts/lunches
- The Cheese Box - great selection of British cheeses. Eat in or takeaway.
Street parking. Can get busy in the summer but can always find somewhere close by. If there is no space outside I usually unload a few doors down on the double yellows with hazard lights on then search for a space in the street.
Many bus services into Canterbury. 10 minute brisk walk to the train station.
There is a two night minimum stay for this cottage.
Check out time is 10.30, not 10.00. Check in time is 14.30 not 15.00. The website does not do half hours.
The cottage is strictly a no smoking house. Please do not host any gatherings or parties. The cottage is only for those who have made the booking.